Download A Bibliographic Guide to North American Industry: History, by Dale A. Stirling PDF
By Dale A. Stirling
With a view towards the history of North American undefined, A Bibliographic consultant to North American undefined: historical past, health and wellbeing, and dangerous Waste offers advised readings in historic and modern literature on the topic of the origins of particular industries, the healthiness and issues of safety they face, and the way they deal with waste and stop pollutants.
Read Online or Download A Bibliographic Guide to North American Industry: History, Health, and Hazardous Waste PDF
Similar environmentalism books
Regime conception has turn into an more and more influential method of the research of diplomacy, rather within the components of overseas political financial system and foreign environmental politics. The conceptual attraction of the assumption of "governance with no govt" -- during which a mixture of alternative organisations and associations offer governance to deal with particular difficulties -- displays an international during which the call for for governance is superb however the well-known mechanisms for delivering it are vulnerable.
Present developments in inhabitants progress recommend that worldwide foodstuff construction is not likely to fulfill destiny call for lower than estimated weather swap eventualities until charges of crop development are speeded up. to be able to keep foodstuff defense within the face of those demanding situations, a holistic method that comes with stress-tolerant germplasm, sustainable crop and average source administration, and sound coverage interventions could be wanted.
In colossal Ecology, David C. Coleman files his traditionally fruitful ecological collaborations within the early years of learning huge ecosystems within the usa. As Coleman explains, the concept that of the ecosystem--a neighborhood organic neighborhood and its interactions with its environment--has given upward push to many associations and examine courses, just like the nationwide technological know-how Foundation's software for long-term Ecological study.
During this compilation of David Suzuki's most up-to-date recommendations and writings, the well known scientist, writer, and broadcaster explores the myriad environmental demanding situations the realm faces and their interconnected factors. In doing so, Suzuki indicates that knowing the causes—and spotting that every little thing in nature, together with us, is interconnected—is the most important to restoring wish for a greater destiny.
- Corporate Environmentalism in China and Taiwan
- The Ends of Philosophy
- Chasing Molecules: Poisonous Products, Human Health, and the Promise of Green Chemistry
- Wetland and Riparian Areas of the Intermountain West: Ecology and Management
- The Agile City: Building Well-being and Wealth in an Era of Climate Change
Additional resources for A Bibliographic Guide to North American Industry: History, Health, and Hazardous Waste
99. , et al. 2003. Exposure to Bioaerosols in a Municipal Sewage Treatment Plant. Annals of Agricultural & Environmental Medicine 10: 241–248. 100. , et al. 1993. Respiratory Function in Sewage Workers. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 23: 751–761.
Banks, F. E. 2003. An Introduction to the Economics of Natural Gas. OPEC Review 27(1): 25. 7. , et al. 1992. Sewage Treatment as an Industrial Subsidy. Economic Geography 68(2): 174–187. 43 44 Sector 22 8. Bogener, S. D. 1998. Ditches across the Desert: A Story of Irrigation along New Mexico’s Pecos River. Dissertation, Texas Tech University. 9. Bott, D. M. 1997. Mains, Drains and Strains: The Emergence of Urban Water and Waste Systems in the United States. Dissertation, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
23. Reis, M. C. 2001. By the Gasworks Wall: The Split Image of the Pioneer American Gas Industry and Its Buildings. Pioneer America Society Transactions 24: 83–95. Mining 31 24. Sanders, E. M. 1981. The Regulation of Natural Gas: Policy and Politics, 1938–1978. Philadelphia: Temple University Press. 25. Screws, D. E. 2001. A History of Natural Gas Processing. Permian Historical Annual 41: 28–43. 26. Troesken, W. 1993. The Chicago Gas Industry, 1887–1913: Economic Analysis of Institutional Change.