Download Fault-tolerant control systems: design and practical by Hassan Noura, Didier Theilliol, Jean-Christophe Ponsart, PDF
By Hassan Noura, Didier Theilliol, Jean-Christophe Ponsart, Abbas Chamseddine
Fault-tolerant regulate Systems studies the improvement of fault prognosis and fault-tolerant regulate (FTC) equipment with their program to genuine crops. After an creation to fault prognosis and FTC, a bankruptcy on actuators and sensors in structures with various levels of nonlinearity ends up in 3 chapters within which the layout of FTC platforms is given thorough insurance for genuine applications:
• a winding computer typifying a subsystem in a variety of sheet and movie processes;
• a hydraulic three-tank process consultant of these used greatly in chemical vegetation; and
• an energetic suspension procedure demonstrating program in complete large-scale structures via splitting into subsystems.
Actuator and sensor faults are accommodated in the control-law layout and the combination of fault prognosis versions within the FTC platforms defined. remark is given at the contemporary effects provided. severe disasters – the lack of method observability from overall lack of a sensor and of controllability from whole lack of an actuator – are thought of. Linearized structures round an working aspect and nonlinear platforms are mentioned and illustrated. an entire simulation platform of the three-tank process, in closed-loop, without or with actuator and sensor faults, is equipped for using the reader through obtain from www.springer.com/978-1-84882-652-6.
With its emphasis on actual program, Fault-tolerant keep watch over Systems makes a big contribution to the literature on FTC and should be of vital information to practising keep an eye on engineers with difficulties of this nature to unravel. The ebook may also be of use to educational researchers and graduate scholars attracted to FTC, bringing to their awareness the necessity to adapt their tools for implementation and suggesting ways that this is done.
Read Online or Download Fault-tolerant control systems: design and practical applications PDF
Similar repair & maintenance books
Huge numerical tools for computing layout sensitivity are integrated within the textual content for useful program and software program development. The numerical strategy permits integration of CAD-FEA-DSA software program instruments, in order that layout optimization could be performed utilizing CAD geometric versions rather than FEA versions.
HCCI/CAI has emerged as the most promising engine applied sciences with the aptitude to mix gas potency and stronger emissions functionality. regardless of the significant benefits, its operational diversity is quite restricted and controlling the combustion (timing of ignition and price of strength liberate) continues to be a space of on-going learn.
There's an expanding call for for dynamic structures to develop into extra secure and trustworthy. This requirement extends past the typically authorised safety-critical platforms of nuclear reactors and airplane the place defense is paramount very important, to platforms comparable to independent automobiles and quick railways the place the method availability is key.
This e-book introduces the problems and difficulties that come up whilst enforcing shrewdpermanent strength administration for sustainable production within the car production and the analytical instruments and purposes to accommodate them. It makes use of a few illustrative examples to give an explanation for power administration in automobile production, which comprises so much kinds of production expertise and numerous degrees of strength intake.
Additional info for Fault-tolerant control systems: design and practical applications
32), K = After deﬁning the augmented matrices A¯ and B K1 K2 is computed using the LQ technique such that the following cost function is minimized: J= 1 2 ∞ X T (k)QX(k) + uT (k)Ru(k) . 1I3 . Using MATLAB , the feedback gain matrix for the augmented system can be calculated as follows. 3 Linear Case 51 A bar = [A zeros ( 3 ) ; −Ts∗C eye ( 3 ) ] ; B bar = [ B ; zeros ( 3 ) ] ; Q = 0 . 0 5 ∗ eye ( 6 ) ; R = 0 . 1 ∗ eye ( 3 ) ; [K, s , e ] = d l q r ( A bar , B bar ,Q,R ) ; K1 = K ( : , 1 : 3 ) ; K2 = K ( : , 4 : 6 ) ; The application of this control law to the winding machine for a given reference vector close to the operating point leads to the following results illustrated by Figs.
84) presented in Chap. 25) where F = B(R). For the winding machine, the fault detectability indexes are equal to one for all faults and regardless of the value of radius R. 25). In order to facilitate the parametrization of the FDI module, a bank of detection ﬁlters is considered. Each ﬁlter is dedicated to detect and to isolate a unique actuator fault. 26) where Fi is the ith column of matrix B(R). Let us deﬁne the matrices for each detection ﬁlter in the case of the considered application. 84) are deﬁned as 80 3 Application to a Winding Machine ⎧ ωi = ωi (R) = A(R)Fi ⎪ ⎪ ⎨ + Ξi = Ξi (R) = (CFi ) .
16) is obtained after considering 240 operating zones (as represented in Fig. 32), where each operating zone can be modeled with an LTI model. 1 s. The second step, dedicated to the open-loop identiﬁcation of each operating zone, following the same methodology as presented in the linear case, allows to obtain 240 analytical models using a classical ARX structure [90,99]. 15 (the system inputs and outputs are given in the interval −1 +1 corresponding to −10 V +10 V ). The measured outputs vary with the radius R of the strip roll over the whole operating range as shown in Fig.